Blue pitbulls are extraordinary dogs, but are you actually ready for this breed? There are a few questions you have to answer to be sure that you will be a wonderful blue pitbull owner:
1. Does your lifestyle and time fit the blue pitbull lifestyle? Perhaps you already know that these dogs have a lot of energy from head to toe, running as a champion athlete, so exercising each day is a must for a happy and healthy dog. Being dynamic is part of their lifestyle and an essential part of the personality of such dogs, so you have to play a lot with them, but if you don’t like sports, you should better find another breed.
2. Are you able to train the dog? Do you have enough time for that?
Generally, there are two methods of training. One of them is by showing your blue pitbull how to lay and sit and then quitting, while the other one means life long training, beginning when you adopt the puppy and arrives at your home. This means that you have to work with your dog approximately 10-15 minutes per day, all week, everyday, all year and every year, meaning all the time, so you have to think very well before adopting a blue pitbull. Additionally, training your dog will prevent a lot of problems from happening, so it’s a big must.
3. Do you have the necessary security?
As such dogs are able to leap even tall fences very easily, dig under them or unlock gates, you have to be sure that they won’t escape. Under these circumstances, you should have privacy fence, out door housing, supervision, so you can’t leave them alone for too long because they may be stolen, may escape or may attack.
4. Can you afford such dogs?
In case you will be the owner of such a dog, you have to think very well if you have enough money for dog food, vet bills, collars, dog houses, leashes and training. If you don’t have extra money for all these, you should wait until you will afford all these things.
5. Are you ready for the scrutiny of your neighbours and friends?
Generally, blue pitbulls are perceived as being very aggressive, so people are afraid of them. This is due to the fact that people have been misinformed and because a lot of stories run, so your neighbours will dislike your choice and some of them will even try to kill your dog, while others will make a lot of comments and you may also have conflicts with your family. A great trick is to train your dog to refuse food from strangers to be sure that it won’t be killed.
6. Do you want a blue pitbull to impress your friends, family or people in general?
In case this is the reason why you want to adopt a blue pitbull, think twice as you are doing the dog a huge injustice: you will surely neglect it and in the end, you will want to get rid of it.
To conclude, you have to think very well about a lot of things before adopting a pitbull: be sure that you have extra money, time and anything else to provide care for the dog, so be responsible.