If you want to adopt a rescue dog, you will observe that most of the dogs which were abandoned are very aggressive and do not listen to anyone. This is why, if you want to save a dog’s life, you need to get involved. This means you will have to pay an expert to train him in the best possible manner and you will need to give a hand at home, to make sure the dog gains more and more trust in you and in those around him.
To ensure this will happen, you need to follow the next rules:
- talk on a gentle tone to the dog, this way, he will see you mean no harm;
- offer the dog treats every time he listens to you;
- talk to him and pet him all the time;
- be firm when having interaction with him and don’t allow him to bite you;
- don’t interrupt a bad action he does by yelling at him to stop, but by calling him on his name, this way he will perceive it as something positive.
However, if you want to take home a dog which was traumatized before arriving to a shelter, you will need to pay for special training. To learn more about how this is made and to understand why this is in the best interest of your dog and yourself, watch the following video.
As you can see, working with an aggressive dog is hard, but in time and with a lot of patience, he can overcome all his issues and learn to trust you and to live with you without fear. And you will see that it’s a really important and special thing to save a dog.