Pitbulls can have black, blue and red noses and they are all members of the same breed. Nonetheless, they have individual personalities, but also common traits. Pitbulls are muscular and stocky dogs. Usually, they average between 55 and 70 pounds, have short ears and can stand straight or fold over.
These dogs have a violent past because they were trained to participate in dog fight. But if they’re raised properly, pitbulls are affectionate and great dogs, devoted to their owner.
What does it mean to raise a pitbull properly? Read the following instructions and you’ll find out:
- when you adopt a puppy blue pitbull, take it to the vet within 24 up to 72 hours as these dogs are susceptible to demodex and parvo;
- neuter or spray the puppy as long as the vet allows you to; it will protect the puppy from the health disorders;
- positive exposure to various situations, people, animals and places is great for your puppy as he will become more protective of the family;
- train your pitbull and enroll it in puppy kindergarten classes;
- exercising every day is very important as pitbulls are active dogs and they like to play a lot;
Starting weight pulling or other sports should be started only when the vet allows you. Your dog should be too fragile and it can have problems if you’ll start this sooner. Keep in mind that your dog should play with gentle dogs. Additionally, if you’ll apply all the above ideas, be sure that your puppy will grow healthy and will be smart.