Healthy blue pitbulls should have a muscular body. It means that their diet has to be suitable for them and healthy. Blue pitbulls diet has to be a balance of protein, plant-based nutrients and fat in order to maintain a normal weight and to strengthen the immune system.
Types of Diet
Additionally, a healthy diet will prevent many issues from happening, including joint disorders. There are several types of food, so discuss with the vet which of them is the best for your dog:
1. The most common type of food is dry dog food. Its price is affordable and this food is available in many places.
2. Semi-moist food is another type, but it’s not so healthy because it contains additional sugars.
3. Canned food is the most expensive dog food, but it’s also the healthiest and one of the most appealing to blue pitbulls.
4. Many blue pitbulls owners feed them with a mixture of all these types of food, but also with healthy table scraps, biscuits and treats.
5. Raw food is another healthy option for blue pitbulls. Such a diet includes raw eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, vegetables, fruits, uncooked bones and meat, but also cooked cereals and various supplements. Blue pitbulls that are on this diet, should not eat the same things every day. Their owners should try various types and quantities of raw food to see which of them works best for them. Nonetheless, many vets don’t approve this diet because the food can contain bacteria.
6. Free feeding is also a good idea. It means putting food in a bowl so that the dog can eat whenever it needs. The best thing is to set a schedule when to put food out to feed the dogs.
As a general rule, a blue pitbull should be fed two or five times a day in smaller amounts of food. This method controls its weight. Additionally, these dogs shouldn’t eat for 30 minutes after a walk.
The body of a healthy blue pitbull should look as an hourglass seen from the side or the top. The ideal weight of a blue pitbull is between 35-60 pounds and its ribs should be easy to feel through its first layer of muscles. A healthy blue pitbull should look lean and don’t forget to go the vet to ensure that your dog is healthy or to discuss necessary changes to its diet.